Odontocidium Cantante 'Pumpkin Patch'

Just in time for the fall season, the Odontocidium Cantante 'Pumpkin Patch' is in full bloom. Its a beautiful orange hybrid between Oncidium and Odontoglossum,with a 4 foot flower spike just packed with blooms.


I haven't had it for long, but I'll need to find a way to keep it cooler than my other orchids. Already, I have been keeping it slighty more moist than the typical Oncidiinae hybrid. During the summer months, I am considering a pot within a pot scenario, placing the Catante pot within a much larger pot and filling around it with river stones. I will then poor cool water into the outer pot 1-2 times per day. This cool water will flow down the river stones, keeping the orchid cooler in the hotter months when it can get into the high 80's and low 90's in the window.

Coffee enjoyed during this post: El Indio Costa Rican Tarrazu, Light Roast (Rating 3.5/5)

0 comments:

Post a Comment